General > On Topic

difference between pinguy 10.04.02 and branded version

(1/3) > >>

watanabe:
Hi, I'm not English speaker and I can't understand which is the difference between the "normal" version and the branded? It's necessary or important install the branded version?

thanks  :)

Pinguy:
No, if you are runnning 10.04.1.2 un-branded then there is no need to upgrade to the branded version.
Someone asked me if I could build a version of Pinguy OS for flash development (you can download it here), so I thought while I am doing that I might as well do a updated version of Pinguy OS 10.04 using my logo. There are a couple of things different but not much. I have added VirtualBox video drivers (3D effects still don't work but the driver is working to get a good screen resolution), compiz extra plugins and libdvdcss2 (DVD play back) and fixed the bug with the updater. Plus I have added every driver firmware file that can be added to Ubuntu from the repositories.

watanabe:
ok, thanks

yugnip:
The branded version is a big improvement on the non-branded version. Seems to be faster, more fluid, and less buggy (though there weren't many bugs before).  And the extra compiz stuff.... windows that turn into paper airplanes never cease to make me chuckle.

Pinguy:
Thanks yugnip. Yeah I should also mention that all of the programs on there are newer. Plus I sorted out the repositories. So yeah, it is an improvement over the old version. But I don't think its such a big improvement that if people are happy with 10.04.1.2 un-branded they should update to this version.

EDIT#
yugnip what is your avatar? For the life of me I can't remember where I have seen it. I am pretty sure its from a game, but could be wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version